Dearborn Market prides itself in carrying a full line of Hampton Estate Products from Long Island Compost that are all certified approved for use in organic production.
Long Island Compost
Using leaves and grass clippings, Long Island Compost makes the finest compost and other soil products available anywhere. Their products are second to none. Their professional potting mix and potting soils are superior growing mediums for all your indoor and outdoor containers, and their mulch is double-shredded, fully composted, and finely screened to create a beautiful garden dressing.
Regardless of which product you choose, you can rest assured that it is the purest organic product available for your garden. Why? Because they use no chemicals whatsoever in their process!
Visit The Long Island Compost site for complete details of all their fine products.
Hampton Estate Products
Dearborn currently carries Hampton Estate 1 Cubic bags in the following:
- Potting Mix
- Top Soil
- Composted Manure
Other Organic Products:
- Plant Tone Organic Plant Fertilizer
- Made from the finest quality organics obtainable. It will help to condition your soil and encourage beneficial microbes and earthworms.
- Bio-Ton Starter Microbal Plant Food
- Stimulates Root Growth
- Promotes bigger Blooms
- Helps prevent transplant loss
- Greenlight Rose Defense
- Broad spectrum organic insecticide perfect for roses acts as insecticide, fungicide and miticide.
- Vegifarm All Organic Insecticide
- Treats mites, beetles, fungus and other garden insects. Made from garlic and all organic peppermint oil.
AG Green Bulk Compost and Top Soil
AG Choice Bulk Compost and Top Soil is approved for use in organic production.
We pride ourselves in carrying ONLY high quality humified compost and topsoil – a true living soil thriving with a diversity of microlife.
How Our Organic Topsoil and Compost Benefits the Environment
- Provides a service to help ensure clean drinking water for future generations
- Diverts compostable organics from landfills to help conserve limited landfill space
- Creates a high quality soil amendment to reduce the need for chemical pesticides and fertilizers
Using only organic materials, we pride ourselves in offering a high-quality humified compost – a true living soil thriving with a diversity of microlife. Our compost follows the Midwest Bio-system’s Advanced Composting System, which is an aerobic form of composting that is highly controlled and managed from start to finish.
A lab analysis is done for each batch of finished compost and is available upon request. Our compost has met a stringent set of guidelines, as established by the Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) of New Jersey and has been approved for organic production.
Not all Compost is the Same
Compost that is simply broken down organic matter does not have much value in helping plants grow. Dearborn’s compost and topsoil is a true living soil – a humified organic compost teeming with aerobic microbial activity.
Good compost should be a rich brown color. Black soil that stains your skin is usually the sign of improper decomposition.
- Compost should be loose and friable (easily crumbled), and have the consistency of coarse coffee grounds.
- Compost should not be dry or soggy; it should be moist.
- Quality compost will have a pleasant, earthy smell – not musty or moldy.
The Benefits of Using Compost
Increased soil balance and fertility. Compost stores nutrients and releases them slowly for use by the surrounding plants.
Adding humified compost to the soil makes it more friable (easily crumbled), increasing oxygen levels and allowing roots to grow.
Compost improves soil structure and increases microlife helping plants to transfer nutrients and prevent disease.
Compost holds up to four times its weight in water, reducing the need for constant watering and increasing a plant’s hardiness during times of drought.
Healthier, better tasting food.
Reduced need for pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides, which creates a better, safer, and cleaner